Welcome to our Vacation Blog!!

We hope you enjoy our posts before, during and after our trip. A trip to Hungary has been a dream for many years. The closer it came to becoming a reality, the more we thought that we should include other countries. (See our itinerary) But the main purpose of our trip is to meet my new-found relatives in Rabapatona, Hungary, which is about one hour west of Budapest. I will remind everyone a few days before we leave so that you can "come along"! (If this is your first time on our blog, begin at the bottom and continue to our most recent post at the top.)



Countdown!!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FINALLY!!!

Last post from home! Everything is packed except the toothbrushes! I hate to admit it, but I had to move to plan B...Just could NOT get everything in the 21" roll-aboards, (even when I sat on them) so I unzipped the expandable sides, and we'll be checking these 2 bags. Hopefully, when we get to Europe and use some toothpaste the bags will get lighter! :0) We may have to mail some stuff home from Europe! Do they let you mail wine???

So we're up at 4 AM (OMG, that's only 4 1/2 hours away!), to New Orleans for sevenish, and flight leaves tenish. I can't believe the planning is over, and our vacation is FINALLY here!!

We want to thank Mechelle and Scott. Without their surprise, we wouldn't be taking this "dream come true" vacation. Our Christmas gift from them, in 2007, was 2 airline tickets to Europe! When they found out that we had to spend a large chunk of our "Dream Trip" savings to "buy back" my past teaching years with the state, they knew that our trip would have to be delayed, if not forgotten entirely. That's when we made our vacation savings a priority, and I started planning. Their gift gave us back our dream and the opportunity for me to meet my family after 30 years of searching for them. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

The planning has been awesome. I've loved every minute of it. But now I'm READY TO GO!
Thanks to all of our friends and family for supporting us and reading my ramblings on this blog. We'll see you in Europe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment